Let’s face it, nothing is permanent in this world but change. And as Cebu continues to struggle to satisfy the demands of the modern world, we notice changes here and there from time to time.
So, the question for you is: Are you In the Know about Cebu? Give yourself a point for every ‘yes‘.
1. Did you know that the city has implemented the use of red-grid junction box to adhere to international traffic standards?
2. Did you know that there are already 2 Winland Towers and a McDo will soon open in Escario?
3. Did you know that due to some legal squabbles with another company [McDo?], McJoy was forced to change its name to MyJoy?
4. Did you know that Banco De Oro bought Equitable PCI-Bank and its branches are sprouting like mushrooms all over the city?
5. Did you know that Coca Cola has decided to step up its marketing strategy by placing bottles on top of PUJs?
6. Did you know that Lexmark’s new building in Cebu Business Park has been topped off?
7. Did you know that the expansion project of Ayala Center Cebu has been completed?
8. Did you know that the City Lights Garden already has 3 towers?
9. Did you know that Jollibee serves breakfast up to 11 AM from the original 10 AM cut off?
10. Did you know that Cebu Doctors College is already a University and that it has a new building/campus in the North Reclamation Area?
11. Did you know that the unused Uniwide building will be turned into a mall?
12. Did you know that the SM Expansion project is nearing completion and the chain has decided to change its logo?
13. Did you know that the supposed Sheraton Hotel beside SM will soon be operational under the management of Internation Hotel brand Accor?
14. Did you know that the FOOD Street in Jones Avenue [near Capitol] is history?
15. Did you know that Coke Litros are sold at Php 22 from the usual Php 25?
16. Did you know that regular burgers are sold at only Php 12.50 each these days?
17. Did you know that Belly Dancing has taken the place of Aerobics as the number one fitness regime among women?
18. Did you know that LTO has an office at the mall?
19. Did you know that a statue of the Sr. Sto. Nino was put up at the Kawit Point at the SRP?
20. Did you know that the old Customs House has become President Arroyo’s home when she’s in town?
21. Did you know that a huge portion of Plaza Independencia was closed due to the construction of the SRP Subway?
22. Did you know that Tap.Si.Log has been elevated to fast food status?
23. Did you know that Rustan’s opened a store in Banawa?
24. Did you know that Siomai has taken the title ‘Hottest Midnight Snack’ from Batchoy?
25. Did you know that the SRP is already accessible 24/7?
26. Did you know that Val Sandiego lost in his quest to become Carcar City’s first mayor?
27. Did you know that badminton has snatched the title ‘Second Most Favorite Sport’ from Volleyball with Basketball still in the lead?
28. Did you know that vans have been transformed into mini-buses as V-hires?
29. Did you know that Judy Ann is now a slimming tablet endorser?
30. Did you know that the number of motorcycles in the city has almost tripled since 2000?
31. Did you know that ‘Orange Juice’ is now sold in different flavors?
32. Did you know that Lapu-Lapu City is now a Highly Urbanized City?
33. Did you know that a Coke smaller than 8 oz, termed Coke Sakto, is sold at Php6?
34. Did you know that Maguindanao Printers, the photocopying store fronting the CCC building – now UC – is history and a hotel has taken its place?
35. Did you know that Chowking reduced the number of Buchi balls [from two to one] for each serving of their Lauriats?
So, how many correct answers did you get?