Weekends in Carmen

It’s official. I’m ready to relocate to Carmen. Haha. Well, come to think of it. It has gorgeous beaches, it has the super awesome Benedictine Monastery, it has the Uragay Spring, and it has an award-winning Sinulog contingent! Plus, it’s very lovely, quiet, and peaceful and it has some of the most awesome people I know. And to make this town a little more appealing, it has the Durano EcoFarm and Spring Resort! Now, who wouldn’t fall in love with a town that has all these to offer?

So, anyway, two Saturdays ago, I discovered Carmen’s newest attraction. I even featured some photos of the place in my Three-Dip Trip post. Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take a lot of photos. See, I was alone and I kinda didn’t feel too comfortable walking around the whole place and taking photos of the pools with people in them. Those people might think I’m shooting them for whatever reason. Haha. So, I decided to come back last Saturday – exactly a week after my first visit. This time, however, Osman decided to tag along. He just got his license and he was itching for a long ride.

————————

The Durano EcoFarm and Spring Resort in Carmen. Very cool!

Osman and I left the city at around 8 in the morning. Since he’s new to this whole motorbiking thing, we had to maintain a speed of not more than 60kph.

This trip was a lot of fun. However, it had a couple of disadvantages. For starters, instead of just having to worry about myself and my bike, I had to make sure that Osman, too, was safe as I was responsible for his safety. And second, I was spending not just for myself but for him as well. Haha. So, that’s two full tanks of gas, breakfast and lunch for two people, and entrance fee for two.

I’d probably have to skip my weekend trips for a month or two. Man, this whole weekend traveling business is expensive! Haha.

So, anyway, befor we could even reach Consolacion, we had to make a stop in Mandaue for some breakfast. We ate at McDonald’s.

Round 1!

After the first round, we were both still hungry, we had pancakes. Uh-oh! Haha.

After breakfast, we were back on the road. This time, was trip was non-stop until we reached Carmen.

I’ve created this simple map below to help you locate the resort. So, once you reach Carmen proper, keep your eyes open for the Carmen Public Market. It’s that busy joint where you can see tricycles and motorcycles and of course, people. Haha. If you’re taking the bus, you can get off at the public market and look for a habal-habal driver with a good deal. Anyway, about three blocks from the market, on the left side of the road, you will see the Carmen National High School. Right beside the school is a nice small road. Just follow that road and you will reach the Uragay Spring, the Benedictine Monastery, and of course, the Durano EcoFarm and Spring Resort.

Do watch out for this sign. It’s not very visible but it’s not easy to miss, either. When you see the arch of the Benedictine Monastery, it only means one thing – you’ve missed your turn. Haha.

Once you reach the gate of the resort, you will be asked to pay Php 60. I’m not sure how much they ask for little kids.

They have park spaces for vans, cars, motorbikes, and small jeepneys. I don’t think they’d allow tourist buses there, though. I wasn’t able to survey the whole place but I think parking is limited to around 20 vehicles.

This way to the pool area.

Entrance to the pool area.

About 50 or so steps to the bottom.

While it’s tiring on your way up, you can be certain that the place remains cool even during the hottest hours of the day. Hehe.

And there you have it. First glimpse of the pool. Nice, ei?

A very small spring flows into this cute-looking pool. This part is a bit shallow. Around two to three feet. Osman and I didn’t have a cottage (we couldn’t afford it. Haha) so we placed our bags on some rocks. Haha.

The first pool flows straight into the second pool.

View of the second pool and a real creek on the other side.

Perfect for pictorials, I must say. Haha.

A tree house! Cool, right?

Guests enjoying the second pool. This pool is a little deeper. I think around three to four feet.

Creek right beside the pools. Awesome!

Then, the water from the second pool flows into the third pool. This one is a bit deeper at prolly around 3-5 feet.

Water flowing from the third pool to the fourth pool.

Now the fourth pool is a bit deep. I think it was around 8 feet. Very awesome!

Osman enjoying the water!

Water from the fourth pool flowing into the river. And, you know, a case of beer. Haha.

I nice looking wooden bridge and a gorgeous picnic table.

Wicked!

Fresh water everywhere!

The water from those bamboo pipes flowing towards the river.

The river. Looking awesome!

Wow. Just take a look at that!

And Osman had to pose. Haha.

Now, this part, I didn’t see during my previous visit. Another spring.

The spring ‘fuels’ this little pool facing the nice-looking cliff. Isn’t it amazing?

Wow!!!

Osman and I were in the water for more than three hours. Haha. It was just awesome.

And that explains why when we went to Jollibee in Danao for our late lunch on our way home, we ate a ton! And of course, that could only explain why I’m now broke. Haha. Oh, well!

Visit the Durano Ecofarm and Spring Resort now!

Durano EcoFarm
Sheryl Trinidad
09165787843

Payt Bisdak!

Sogod is So Good!
Unbelievable Marmol

Comments

comments

74 Comments on Weekends in Carmen

1. Hello! I love ur blog site! it served as my inspiration in creating my own travel blog. I hope you could visit my blogsite too or even add me on your bloglist. thank u so much and good luck on ur future trips!! – Jan Ashlee, breakawayph.blogspot.com

2. hi, im vince…just like to know if you have contact information of Durano Ecofarm and Spring Resort?

3. I’ll wait for your reply. thank you… God bless =)

• got this from their road-side sign:

Durano EcoFarm
      Sheryl Trinidad
      09165787843

• Richelle Shinneman // November 21, 2012 at 12:35 pm // Reply

Hello there! I saw some pix of this Eco farm in Facebook (from my friend’s pix); asked how to get there; while waiting for his reply, I decided to google it, and BAMM! I got here in your page! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!! I love your blog! keep it up!
        I will definitely bring my family in this Eco farm when we visit PI again :)

• Hi, wala sila landline #? Mura lisod i contact kay lain network man gud si mam sheryl. HEHEHE thank you.

4. it’s truly an awesome place! we can enjoy both the scenery & the pool. congrats to osman for his first license. thanks for sharing it, ley.

5. wow!!! makasuya jud oh!!!!

6. love this blog
    It’s very informative.. thank you!
    We’ll do our reservation now .. LOL

7. wow! ka nice ui. naa na syay kauban sa pg travel… hehehe
    i will visit this place soon! thanks again ley for sharing ….

8. Imelda Rodriguez // May 29, 2012 at 9:51 pm // Reply

Ley, Di ba Carmen is the town before Catmon?

9. Broke but happy! Are these pools tiled Ley? I’m ready to jump in. Looks very coooool. Thanks again.

10. kuyog unya ko sunod nmo,ley inig uli nko kay hobby sad nko roadtrip….

11. Yay! This post is so awesome. It moves me and 2 of my girl friends to go there tomorrow since our Osmena Peak hike was postponed. :D

12. do we need a reservation in going there? Nice blog!!! :)

13. nice, a full post about the ecofarm. we’ll visit there, soon!! inviting ang pools!! do you think it’s child friendly?

14. very informative jud :)
    another awesome shot na pud nmo bai ley :)..

15. hi..how much is the entrance and cottages?

16. Ley, nice post! I haven’t visited this place yet. When I think of Carmen, I associate it with Uragay and KM 47. That’s were we used to hangout! Hahaha…You could have stopped at the Merkado or at the local bus stops for cheaper food. :)

17. iinday myrna // June 23, 2012 at 3:54 pm // Reply

Oohhlala!!! CARMEN my hometowm. Finally im back from 7 weeks hiatus.
    I miss your blog Ley and now i have heaps to catch up.
    Wow! CARMEN is booming and the water project is on the way, yeayyyyy.
    Kudos to Hon. Mayor Gerard T. Villamor.
    This place Durano EcoFarm i add this to my itinerary.
    Ley, thank you very much for promoting CARMEN.
    And thanks again to you and Osman for your time to go there.
    What a nice place to cool down.
    Rock on CARMEN…

• Hi Ley, this is Joyce from East Bay Ca. Thank you very much for this post. You did a great job! Carmen is my home town but I have not been back home for more than 3 years. It made me want to have a vacation there soon. I’m very proud of the progress on our community back home.

18. Reblogged this on Laagan na Cebuana and commented:
    LNC: Featured Travel/Photo Blogger: Leylander of My Cebu Photo Blog.

19. This series of photos are just so cool and breathtaking!!!

20. Nice… another possible destination on my next vacation ..

21. love the info & the beautiful pictures. aDto mi ani puhon kon kauli.

22. hello. we are planning to go here on sunday. may you provide details on how to get there from cebu city? how long would it be and how much? thanks a lot.

23. vladimir c. victorio // October 3, 2012 at 10:06 pm // Reply

hey,, im my batcmate in highschool is planning to have our reunion there,,,,,i will just hope to get in touch with u,,,,

24. Hello, My name is Raf and I am from Laguna. I am planning to visit the St. Benedict’s Monastery and I just want to know if anyone has a contact there? I also wished to have a retreat there. Please help me. Thanks in advance. Cheers!

25. how much is the entrance and the cottage fee?

26. Is this resort possible for an over night stay?., thanks :)

27. hi ley…soooo amazing pics! this blog of yours helped us {elem. teachers of talisay city} coz we’re planning to go to Our Lady of Manaoag then look for a resort for our xmas party aND GOTCHA!!!i came to this when i search for a resort in Carmen, n it’s just few blocks befor the monastery so PERFECT!!!!!!THANKS!!!!

28. We hope to see you in the Durano Ecofarm to thank you personally regarding your Blog. – Paulo Durano

29. pila diay ang entrance ?/

30. pila pud ang cottage ??

31. I actually desired to share this particular blog, “Weekends
    in Carmen « My Cebu Photo Blog” along with my personal buddies on twitter.
    I reallybasically wanted to disperse ur great posting! Many thanks, Clara

32. good day maam,,how much ur cottage and the capacity of each?

33. Precy Oyangurin // February 16, 2013 at 10:33 am // Reply

PIla ang cottage and how many persons it could accomodate? How much is the entrance?Is it ok for a family for overnight? is it safe? Do we need for reservations?

34. I still haveto finish reading their nice and good comments. Anyway, i like the way you presented your experience travelling to this place. Very difect and honest sharing a glimpse what you were thinking throughout your trip. Thank you.

35. Do you have any idea on how much is their room rates for an over night stay?

36. tungason ba from carmen proper to danao ecofarm? pila ka kilometers from there to the farm?

37. kahilangan ba mag pareserve pa or walk in?planning to go there this weekend with my family.

38. do they have an overnight room?how much does it cost?

39. inday myrna // May 26, 2013 at 5:31 pm // Reply

I missed to visit this place

40. Thanks for posting your pictures from what have must been an amazing experience!

41. inday myrna // August 27, 2013 at 4:34 pm // Reply

I you visit Carmen, bring your swimwear. Go to the beach (Luyang) or up to the mountain in Durano Eco Farm and Spring Resort, Uragay or having a holy hour at Benedictine Monastry.

42. Hello, I wish for to subscribe for this weblog to gett newest updates, so
    where cann i do it please help out.

• pls go to the side of the page. and just below the photo of a motorbike, you will see a subscribe button. click on the button to get a email everytime a new blog is posted. thanks! :)

43. inday myrna // March 30, 2014 at 4:17 pm // Reply

my relatives have day out @ Durano Ecofarm today.

44. Santino Osmeña // June 9, 2014 at 10:40 pm // Reply

I would like to know the name of the girl with reddish kinky hair who roams around the vicinity. She is very arrogant and she acts like a boss to the customers. She’s is a good enough reason why people doesn’t want to go back to the resort. Very poor customer service. Don’t wait for my mom and dad to do something for the people to know how awful it is to go to a place managed by that ugly bitch.

45. Thanks for your informative blog.. ^__^