Medellin is Funtastic!

The next day, we got up early for our big trip to Gibitngil Island. I was really excited because I’ve seen photos and heard a lot of awesome stuff about this island. They say that it’s a must-visit and that the long trip from the city is so worth it. Well, that remains to be seen!

Gibitngil is an island baranggay under the jurisdiction of the Municipality of Medellin. If you’re from the city, the first thing you have to do is to get to Medellin. How do you do that? Simply get on a north-bound bus at the North Bus terminal in Mandaue. If you’re driving your own car, head towards the direction of Bogo City and then San Remigio. When you reach that intersection just before reaching San Remigio proper (you will see a big sign,) make a right towards Daanbantayan. If you keep going straight, you’ll soon reach baranggay Curva. Instead of turning right towards Daanbantayan, turn left towards Medellin. From there, getting to Kawit should be fairly easy. (Kawit is where you get a boat to Gibitngil.)

————————–

Funtastic Island. Gibitngil is out of this world!

We left Medellin proper for Kawit at around 8 in the morning. Just twenty minutes later, we were ready to board a small boat in Baranggay Kawit. On our way to our boat.

Didn’t know Kawit was this gorgeous! Wow!

If I am not mistaken, these boats for rent will take you to Gibitngil.

There’s Gibitngil Island.

There’s our small boat. And there were around 18 of us. Haha.

Kawit is so pretty!

Boarding!

Fifteen minutes later, we saw the white sand beach of Gibitngil.

Gibitngil is mainly a residential island. So, the only things you’ll see in this part are houses and fishing boats.

The resort is on the other side.

Amazing coastline. Reminds me of the White Cliffs of Dover. Not that I’ve been there. Haha.

And then we saw this sign on a huge rock. Woohoo! We’re here!

First look at Gibitngil Island. Amazing!

The ‘highlight’ of the entire island. Islets connected by man-made bridges to the main island.

The view is just amazing.

View from the top.

Fresh! Saluwaki!

They’re huge!

Just look at that!

Super clean and clear!

The ‘rock islands.’ Nice!

Another boat approaching the island.

This huge rock is spectacular. It would be awesome if you get to keep that spot at the top first.

Looks can be deceiving. It’s very deep. Trust me.

Diving board at the top of the rock.

Wow! The water is just breathtaking.

Tourist boats docked near the island.

Look! Koreans!

Are you brave enough?

1, 2, 3, Jump!

A.MA.ZING!

View of the main island from the rock.

The people who live in that house on top of the hill are sooo lucky.

Gorgeous!

Sun burn! Hahaha

Chillaxing at the beach.

BONUS! Pano shots (camphone) of Gibitngil Funtastic Island. Click on the photos for bigger size! :)

Well, what can I say? The long trip, the dizzying boat ride, the sun burns! It’s all worth it!

Visit Gibitngil now!

Gabii Sa Kabilin 2013
Disco Night in Medellin

Comments

comments

52 Comments on Medellin is Funtastic!

1. Nice name, “Gibitngil”! It sounds good.

Looks like paradise! Makatintal ang katin-aw sa tubig. I’m curious with those huge ‘saluwaki’. Kung ingon ana kadagko tanan, pagkanindot gyod.

2. Pila man kaha atong ma budget ani bai ley,
    for this trip?
    hehe

3. I agree with you. The area looks fantastic! Please tell me what exactly is a SALUWAKI? Is it edible?
    What is the name of the beach resort?
    Thank you. As always, you took great shots. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.

4. AWESOME! pagkanindot ani sir wui.,, One day… pohonpohon makavisit q, libre mangarap…. pls tag me in to other pix sir.. tanx

5. i have one word for this place….gorgeous!!!!

6. kalami i-ambak!!!

7. Edward Vowell // April 30, 2013 at 9:23 pm // Reply

The place is truly Fantastic, all views of this place is spectacular,,you are as always right ,breathtaking .I can’t hardly wait to visit this very gorgeous and amazing paradise in Cebu.
    Many thanks Bai….

8. Thank you Leylander for promoting our beloved town “MEDELLIN”.. :-)

9. Thanks for featuring this great places in Cebu and other towns. Hope to see it when I visit Cebu in July. I’ll see you again too Ley. Happy hour at Shangri-La maybe?!

10. inday myrna // May 4, 2013 at 7:56 pm // Reply

What’s nice with this Medellin tourist spot is, it is own by Medellin LGU means more income to their town. Unlike the other towns, only the private owner fill their pockets. I luv to visit this place. Tnx for the info Ley.

• yep, it’s LGU-run so medyo okay. actually, we saw the mayor when we were there. he was riding the town-owned speedboat. hehe

no probs, mam inday! :)

11. Nice kaau, Lander! Mo adto unya mi didto. Very nice place to cliff-dive and snorkel.

12. ImadetoworshipGod // May 7, 2013 at 1:28 am // Reply

Hi! Just wanna say thank you for posting and promoting our place. I actually grow up here I just moved to Manila for work but visiting once a year indeed I will be visiting on May 10 for our fiesta and visit my mama and papa. :) Again, just dropping by to say thank you! God bless!

13. Imelda Rodriguez // May 7, 2013 at 3:26 pm // Reply

Ang ganda! Grabe!

14. ganda naman dyan. grabe! :)

15. Nday Delza // May 13, 2013 at 11:28 pm // Reply

Wow gorgeous place, thanks for posting Ley….regarding the White Cliffs of Dover, England…it is close Ley, very apt description by you :)…was able to see the real thing in one of my trips to the other side of the pond and it is indeed white cliffs (my Mama and Papa used to sing a song about these which is why it was in my bucket list).

16. Can we stay there overnyt? If not what tym man ang last trip sa pump boat? thanks

17. nindot lagi ni nga place. Nice photos bai. Naa diay ni nga lugar sa cebu? mura man ug palawan.

18. Wow, how I wish I could visit here someday :)

19. Ka nindot, another place to visit soon.

by the way, I nominated you blog for Versatile Blogger Award :

20. i-2-3 jump!!! Love the shots, your story.. and the place is really awesome. :)

21. Wow interesting

22. Savanah T. // August 5, 2013 at 8:17 pm // Reply

How much ang boat ride? How many hours travel to Medellin ?

23. Wew. I just read your post and I am even more getting very excited about this. We will be there this coming Saturday (I hope weather is going to cooperate). If you won’t mind, I will share a link of my blog here soon after we visit Gibitngil.

We be commuting only, so it would be a good guide to those who don’t own a car in visiting the island. :)

Wish us luck and congratulation to this awesome post. :)

24. Wew!.. georgeous and really love the place.. so excited to be in the place next month.. xoxo..

25. I had workmate here from Medellin. She remind me to be careful in buying foods and drinks in the island kay daghan daw barangan. Aray ko!

26. nindot jud kaayo mga tol… naka experience nako… perti nakong ambak ambak sa dagat… sulit kaayo ang bakasyon namo sa akong pamilya.

• nindot jud kaayo mga tol… naka experience nako… perti nakong ambak ambak sa dagat… sulit kaayo ang bakasyon namo sa akong pamilya.

27. Bai Taga.i daw ko sa Liquidation sa inyung Na gasto sa Trip ninyu.. please good aftie

• bai, di gyud ko kasure kay nagmotor ra man mi padung didto ug pauli. dayon sa mga boat rides ug mga entrance, wala pud ko kabayad kay nakihitch ra ko. hahaha. mangutana lang kos akong gikuyugan. hehe

28. what camera phone are you using? so curios kay nice kaayu ug shots hehe

29. Carmel navarro // October 20, 2014 at 1:42 pm // Reply

Walay rooms???

30. Hi mycebuphotoblog,

I’m working in an advertising solution here in Cebu called Ideaz, I am asking a permission if we could use your photos in Gibitngil Island, the purpose is to be part of the official Cebu Provincial Tourism Campaign. You may send all your photos of Gibitngil Island especially those pictures people are diving, of course will give credits to you. You can send the photos here: kar.ideaz@gmail.com

-karleen